You can use environment variables to configure SQL Server on Linux Containers.
ACCEPT_EULA confirms your acceptance of the End-User Licensing Agreement.
SA_PASSWORD is the database system administrator (userid = ‘sa’) password used to connect to SQL Server once the container is running. Important note: This password needs to include at least 8 characters of at least three of these four categories: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers and non-alphanumeric symbols.
MSSQL_PID is the Product ID (PID) or Edition that the container will run with. Acceptable values:
- Developer : This will run the container using the Developer Edition (this is the default if no MSSQL_PID environment variable is supplied)
- Express : This will run the container using the Express Edition
- Standard : This will run the container using the Standard Edition
- Enterprise : This will run the container using the Enterprise Edition
- EnterpriseCore : This will run the container using the Enterprise Edition Core : This will run the container with the edition that is associated with the PID
For a complete list of environment variables that can be used, refer to the documentation here.